Friday, December 11, 2020

An apology too late.

 

Today, I lost my sister. No, not my blood sister- I lost my choice sister.

I lost my cheer leader, my friend and my soulmate.

When people ask me how, I don’t know whether to tell them what killed her

Or what killed our love.

I lost her twice. To pride and to cancer.

A cancer I didn’t know existed because of pride.

So, when you ask me how I feel, I don’t know how to explain.

This is me trying anyways, this is my apology, Queen.

 

I feel regret so strong, even awareness of your forgiving spirit doesn’t help

I feel pain so bad, when I cut it feels better.

I feel hate at its peak. I don’t believe in love anymore.

I have so many wishes, I’m drunk on them.

I wish I spoke to you in January.

I wish I called you when I felt the urge to.

I wish that when you called in march,

I answered.

I wish that I didn’t ask for space.

I feel stupid for not noticing the wavering of your voice,

And careless for not taking note of the slouch that was once non existent

I wish I read the pain in your eyes.

I’m shattered that I wasn’t there for you.

 

And in all of these things, I’m sorry.

I’m so desperately sorry, it hurts to breathe.

I watch our videos and stare at our pictures.

I want more time to love you.

I want our children to grow up together

I want you to come back. I know, you were in pain

But I want you back. Maybe to appease my conscience

Or maybe to see the steadfast love in your eyes.

Or just to hear you say, you forgive me.

 

I want you to know that I have a trillion losses

With you being gone.

And no, my Queen, it wasn’t worth it.

The year without you was hell.

I wish I spoke to you.

18 comments:

  1. Awwn ...honestly we gain nothing from pride

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely write up
      Pride surely comes before a fall.

      Delete
  2. Pride really doesn't help anyone
    This is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ๐Ÿ˜ซ
    There’s nothing advantageous that comes with pride.. it leaves you with so much regret...
    Love it๐Ÿฆ‹❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful but I'm sorry about your sister ๐Ÿ˜ช

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oghomeeeee๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ you're too goooooooodddd!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The thing is sometimes just sometimes we let it get the best of us and we don’t realize it has taken so much from us until it’s too late. So thank you for reminding us that it’s not worth it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my wow��☺️. This is so beautiful. You're going places baby girl...Oh-go-me��

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful stuff ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omgggg๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿ’”๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿฅบthis was a lot

    ReplyDelete
  10. This has taught me to reach out to others without pride and with just the sincerity of my heart and love ๐Ÿฅบ❤️❤️❤️.
    Thank you OG

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is amazing... please send a link so I can be able to read your future pieces

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so muchhhh. can i get your info, so i can do just that?

      Delete
  13. Wow ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Big sis. Love this, pride always comes before a fall. We should always watch out.

    ReplyDelete

For the one with whom infinity will not be enough.

  To the one who will ask, for the one that’ll hear my vows; ‘ I do’ wrapped up in lilac.   Two words dressed in apparent frailty, spoken ...