Sunday, June 12, 2022

For the one with whom infinity will not be enough.

 

To the one who will ask, for the one that’ll hear my vows; ‘I do’ wrapped up in lilac.

 Two words dressed in apparent frailty, spoken with strength and certainty. Carried by love that I convey and that which I do not know I am capable of:

I don’t have a list, that’s how I know your love will constantly leave me in awe. When I pray about you there are two things which have been spoken of; that you love him recklessly and are totally dependent on him. That you become the shepherd’s tree, with roots unbelievably deep in Christ, so, each time I look at you I’m reminded of Christ’s love for me. The second is that you be taller than me.

To the one that the father prepares for me, I am being prepared too. I am learning patience, and my faith is being watered. I know that the world is changing, I pray that you remain anchored.

To the one who will love me every day after we meet, I’m constantly evolving, tomorrow never meets me the same as yesterday did- you have your onions set out for you, a discovery every day. It is certain you’ll be kept on your toes and life will never be a bore with me.

To the one who will wait at the altar as I emerge in silk drapes, and yes you will be crying- I pray that you plant, reap and rest. In that order.

I absolutely cannot wait to do life with you, walking on water, leaning on you, trusting wholly and exhaling. I’ve been holding my breath for way too long.

I look forward to the moments where we’ll discuss our lives up until when we met, how our lives had been simultaneously meaningless and meaningful. Our meeting, the last piece of the puzzle- our picture becoming just like the master intended.

I want you to know that you have your work cut out for you with; flaws, quirks, sensitivities and a bunch of other things. I hope than when you look at me you do not think for one minute that our walk will be easy, that you acknowledge what an inconvenience it will be, that you count the things it will cost you, that you recognize the expectations our cocoon will birth, and still choose us.

I know that with you I’ll never question my sacrifices, that as I put you first, you do same. I’m convinced that I’ll never have to ask if I'm giving too much. This love will be sure, enough, and a safety net. That your arms will be synonymous to expressiveness, I will not have need to hide. That my soul forgets what it is to hide with you.

I know that we will fight, I look forward to growing with you, learning your quirks and the things that make you tick tick tick.

I cannot wait to be your friend, to be home. To be the place that unravels you. That with me you become undone- vulnerability, softness and warm hugs await you. I know without a doubt that even when I get tired and when my energy is diminishing you will continually pour into me. Its how I’ll know that you’re the one for me. Wanting for me and not from me.

Until then, my soul mate, you’re strengthened in your evolution,

Just as I am.

All of my love.

 

11 comments:

  1. OG!!! Felt thisss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too beautiful 🥺🥺💕

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really felt this OG

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely beautiful!🤩

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautifully written🥺🥺

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is impressive. It isn't just a truly romantic piece, but it is an amazing reflection of a sense of self-awareness, and appreciation of the evolution that a love journey requires.

    As a married man who desired (and has been been blessed with) such a union, I say Amen to your prayer. Keep this as your manifesto - it is as much a letter to 'the one' as it is to your future self.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a beautiful write up

    ReplyDelete
  8. Came back again to read this for the tenth time today. Beautiful piece OG. All of my love, Abby.💕

    ReplyDelete

For the one with whom infinity will not be enough.

  To the one who will ask, for the one that’ll hear my vows; ‘ I do’ wrapped up in lilac.   Two words dressed in apparent frailty, spoken ...