Saturday, February 6, 2021

From Rose.

 

Dear Sharon,

I love you and I’m sorry.

The day I told you I cut, wasn’t the first time

In fact, I told myself that if you were concerned- it would be the last.

So, I walked up to you and said “I cut myself today”

I saw the fear in your eyes, and I saw the need to ask questions.

I’m happy you didn’t, I’m sad you didn’t. understand?

I so desperately wanted to feel safe, and wanted to be loved so much

I didn’t know what else to do, I wanted to feel so badly, I wanted to feel something other than anger.

I was angry at you for so long, and I was angry at the world, at my parents and at every other ‘friend’

I managed to bag.

I didn’t know how to tell you that the harsh words and insults delivered as jokes tired me

And I was extremely fragile, without coming off as overly sensitive- you know the way water is good for plants but too much isn’t and the way sunlight is good for plants, but too much is not.

How was I supposed to convey to you that I craved balance?

How could I have told you, that I hated my body when I exuded so much confidence?

See, it was little things at first, my parents constantly nagging- feeling underappreciated all the time

Then it was the big things, standing in the mirror watching my body parts mock me.

I was so together in appearance; I didn’t know how to be weak.

I needed so badly to break down all my walls, and weep

For the perfection I was and the imperfection I was becoming

I didn’t know till too late, till I needed the pain too much and was hungry for the blood from my cuts

That it was okay, okay to be imperfect.

If it’s any comfort, I found peace and beauty in my cuts, they are my peace scars.

I hope you know that I’m so desperately sorry, but now, the voices in my head are quiet.

I did love you, Sharon.

Your friend; Rose.

9 comments:

  1. Damnn it's so relatable
    Your work is amazing as usual, I wish things had gone different for Rose😓

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 😔. This is just a reminder that there are people out there who go through a lot and try their best to hide it behind smiles or laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. 🥺🥺🥺❤️💡

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful and terribly sad. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how this is a reminder of the things people go through without one noticing them.. Always say something something nice to someone your words might end up being their saving grace❤️
    Love this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful ....Just wonderful ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so amazingly relatable 🥺
    Keep up the good work Oghome 🥺

    ReplyDelete
  8. Too beautifully true, and it opens us to the reality that there are so many Rose out there... Thanks for bringing this to light❤️

    ReplyDelete

For the one with whom infinity will not be enough.

  To the one who will ask, for the one that’ll hear my vows; ‘ I do’ wrapped up in lilac.   Two words dressed in apparent frailty, spoken ...