Sunday, March 14, 2021

An endless wanting.

 

Have you ever been exhausted?

Like mind draining, a gallon of tears awaiting.

Ever tried to explain pain that you don’t even understand?

Betrayal that you absolutely cannot comprehend?

Ever craved to feel at home, like at peace

With your body and all that you are?

Do you ever feel like you’re in the crowd- watching life happen to you?

It’s like no matter how hard you try, you can’t make life work for you

From one event to another, watching life take and take, then take some more.

Have you ever wanted to scream; I mean scream so bad?

You hurt your throat.

Do you also wait until night to cry, you know; the silent tears

Into your pillow.

Is your pillow also your therapist? Friend? And judge, in one?

Is insomnia your friend? And loneliness your husband?

Can you explain this hurt that is cancerous? It keeps growing.

Do you look forward to your night terrors? You know; to at least feel fear,

Because every other time, it's like you're a breathing machine.

Is love also foreign to you?

Why haven’t you ended it?

What keeps you going?



I'm genuinely interested in what keeps you going, talk to me.💓

 

 

6 comments:

  1. As always a beautiful piece!!!! . I love how relatable your post are , you’re doing so well and I’m glad I’m able to see upgrading which each post ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate so well, particularly to the first 3 lines.
    Such a beautiful piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “What keeps me going?”
    The people around me I guess. I know most times we tend to feel all these emotions at once but the thought of having people around me who love, support and are always there for me, that’s what keeps me going

    ReplyDelete
  4. What I love most about your work is how relatable they are. This is amazing as usual 👊

    ReplyDelete
  5. What keeps me going? Its the fact that a lot of people believe in me and support me at every step of the way. Its an awesome feeling, I won't want to let them down. Yeah, that is what keeps me going

    ReplyDelete
  6. My strength is in God and in knowing I'm here for a reason

    ReplyDelete

For the one with whom infinity will not be enough.

  To the one who will ask, for the one that’ll hear my vows; ‘ I do’ wrapped up in lilac.   Two words dressed in apparent frailty, spoken ...